Jubjub has her first two teeth coming through at the moment and has been a bit cranky about it, these made a nice cool treat for her sore little gums. Made from real fruit juice instead of jelly crystals these jellies are tasty and firm enough to hold together when she insists on feeding herself but soft enough that she can chew them up without me having to worry about hard lumps giving her trouble.
250ml Fruit Juice (squeeze your own or use an additive free juice, I used Nudie Crush)
2 1/2 Teaspoons Unflavoured Gelatine
100ml Boiling Water
- Put the gelatine in a heat proof jug and add boiling water. Stir until dissolved.
- Add fruit juice and stir well.
- Pour into ice cube trays. Flexible novelty trays work well.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Remove from mould and serve up for a healthy, fun afternoon snack or desert.
Note: The amount of gelatine needed may vary depending on the type of juice you use. Check the consistency of your jellies before giving them to baby; if they are too hard they might be a choking hazard for young babies.
If you do end up with hard jellies don’t waste them, chop them up small and mix with natural yoghurt for a lumpy meal.